Grandview poultry barn damaged by fire

The roof of a 30x250-foot poultry barn was damaged by fire last Friday afternoon.

The barn, located at 1501 Bethany Road, which is owned by Jim Hansen, was found ablaze just after 4 p.m.

According to Yakima County Fire District #5 Capt. Pat Mason, the roof and overhead electrical lines were burning when fire officials arrived on scene.

The fire was contained and monitored until workers from Pacific Power arrived to shut down power to the building.

According to Mason, the cause of the fire has been determined to have been an electrical cord that had been draped over the edge of the metal roof. The cord shorted out and ignited the spray-on insulation in the building.

Mason estimates damage to the building to be $1,500.


Comments are subject to moderator review and may not appear immediately on the site.

Please read our commenting policy before posting.

Any comment violating the site's commenting guidelines will be removed and the user could be banned from the site.

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment