Gospel music jamboree Aug. 15
MABTON - The sweet, melodic strains of Gospel music will
fill Mabton's Grace Brethren Church Sunday, Aug. 15.
Lower Valley residents are invited to attend a Gospel music
jamboree that afternoon, from 2 to 4 p.m. In addition to featuring an open
microphone for anyone who wants to perform, several musical groups have
committed to playing, including Heart Strings & Bill Lawson, Joyfull Noise
and The Gospeliers.
A freewill donation will be accepted at the door of the
church that day from those who attend.
Leavenworth’s Waterfront Park site of music fest
LEAVENWORTH - Bring a blanket, a picnic lunch and enjoy a
day of music at Leavenworth's beautiful Waterfront Park.
This Saturday, Aug. 7, the Leavenworth Community Coffeehouse
is sponsoring a music festival.
The featured performers will include:
• 12:45 p.m.—Grupo Fugaz, a popular band from Cashmere that
is well known for playing Latin-American dance music, ballads and ranchera
• 1:45 p.m.—Michael Carlos, a singer/songwriter who composes
music that spans the genres of contemporary folk, rock and eclectic pop.
• 2:40 p.m.—Joy Mills and Tom Parker, singers and guitarists
who sometime bring along a "pesky" mandolin. Their music covers a
variety of folk and Americana styles.
• 3:30 p.m.—Corbin Keep, a wild cellist who keeps pushing
the boundaries and transforms his traditional instrument into a tool for
• 4:20 p.m.—Upper Valley Boys, a group of Leavenworth
musicians who perform traditional Bluegrass music with some fiddle tunes thrown
• 5:15 p.m.—Jean Mann, a noted vocalist and guitarist whose
music has been called self-taught.
• 6:10 p.m.—Kevin Jones and Doyle Wood, who perform a
lively, rhythmic and colorful set that includes some of Jones' own