Monday, Aug. 9, 6:30 p.m., Sunnyside Law and Justice Center,
401 Homer Street.
1. Consent: Approve minutes of the regular meeting of
Monday, July 26, 2004 (Motion to approve).
2. Council member attendance: Percentage attendance based on
34 regular Council meetings from Aug. 11, 2003, to Aug. 9, 2004.
A. Mayor Ed Prilucik - 80 percent.
B. Mayor Pro-tem Mike Farmer - 97 percent.
C. Councilman Don Vlieger - 83 percent.
D. Councilwoman Bengie Aguilar - 94 percent.
E. Councilman Bruce Ricks - 94 percent.
F. Councilman Jim Restucci - 94 percent.
3. Presentation by Yakima County Auditor Corky Mattingly
regarding the electronic voting machines available at the upcoming election.
4. Consideration of an ordinance amending residency
requirements for Sunnyside Planning Commission members (Motion to adopt
Ordinance No. 2081 and ordinance summary).
5. Consideration of a resolution authorizing the disposition
of surplus property (Motion to approve Resolution No. 2004-40).
6. Consideration of a resolution affirming and adopting a
policy of fair housing as required for Community Development Block Grant
funding (Motion to approve Resolution No. 2004-41).
7. Consideration of an ordinance amending the Sunnyside
Municipal Code to regulate the use of motorized foot scooters within the city
(Motion to adopt Ordinance No. 2080 and ordinance summary).
8. Items for the Council agenda for the regular meeting on
Monday, Aug. 23.
9. Unscheduled appearances by citizens. Note: Citizens are
advised that they must limit their remarks to Council to five minutes and that
items presented may be referred by the Council to staff for review and/or
additional information for presentation to the Council at a future meeting.
10. Reports from department heads/responses to citizen
11. Items from Council members.
12. Executive session to discuss pending litigation
(approximately 30 minutes).
13. Other items. Note: Citizens are advised that the City
Council may take action as deemed advisable following the executive session.