0

Christmas Day fire razes house

MABTON - A fire ripped through a home at 315 Second Ave. in Mabton Christmas night. According to Yakima County Fire District 5 officials, the fire was reported at 11:06 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 25.

Firefighters arrived on scene to find the home was completely engulfed in flames. Bill Roettger with the Mabton Fire Department said the cause of the fire appears to be electrical, adding that the structure was a complete loss.

Yakima County Fire District 5 reported that the Red Cross was called in to assist the family that was displaced by the blaze, which included an adult and four children. Roettger said no one was home at the time of the fire.

Comments

Comments are subject to moderator review and may not appear immediately on the site.

Please read our commenting policy before posting.

Any comment violating the site's commenting guidelines will be removed and the user could be banned from the site.

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment