0

Family displaced by mobile home fire

GRANDVIEW - A fire Friday afternoon caused extensive smoke damage to a mobile home owned by Juan Saldivar. According to the Grandview Fire Department, the mobile home was located in the Lamplighter Village Mobile Home and RV Park on Wilson Highway.

Charles Damron, Grandview fire chief, said the fire call was received by the station at 2:28 p.m., with the fire being contained by approximately 4 p.m.

According to the Grandview Fire Department, when firefighters arrived at the scene there was smoke showing from the mobile home's crawl space. Once the 10 firefighters, including firefighters from Prosser, entered the home they found the fire had orginated in the master bathroom, which is where the fire was contained. Damron said there was extensive smoke damage to the rest of the house.

Damron said the people living in the mobile home were assisted by the Red Cross. Red Cross officials said the family was provided lodging for several nights.

Comments

Comments are subject to moderator review and may not appear immediately on the site.

Please read our commenting policy before posting.

Any comment violating the site's commenting guidelines will be removed and the user could be banned from the site.

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment