0

Faulty electrical outlet blamed for Grandview fire

GRANDVIEW - A faulty bathroom electrical outlet is being blamed for nearly $30,000 in damages to the rural Grandview home of Duane Riel.

Grandview and Sunnyside firemen from Yakima County Fire District #5 responded to the house fire reported shortly after noon yesterday (Thursday).

The fire was quickly contained to the master bathroom of the Woodall Road house, according Battalion Chief Pat Mason, a spokesman for the Grandview District 5 station.

He said firemen arrived at the scene to find the house filled with smoke. Damage included heat and smoke, as well as water damage caused by a melted water line.

The fire was ruled accidental and Riel is staying with family.

Comments

Comments are subject to moderator review and may not appear immediately on the site.

Please read our commenting policy before posting.

Any comment violating the site's commenting guidelines will be removed and the user could be banned from the site.

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment