0

Briefs

1-Column

Bottle rocket injures boy

GRANDVIEW - Yesterday morning (Thursday), a boy was injured when a bottle rocket he was holding blew up.

The fireworks accident occurred at about 9 a.m. in the 1500 block of Apricot Road, near Grandview.

Yakima County Sheriff's deputies were called to the scene, where they discovered at least two juveniles had been launching bottle rockets from a metal tube.

The youngster who was holding the bottle rocket when it unexpectedly exploded sustained a severe hand injury. He and his mother were transported to Prosser Memorial Hospital via ambulance.

Comments

Comments are subject to moderator review and may not appear immediately on the site.

Please read our commenting policy before posting.

Any comment violating the site's commenting guidelines will be removed and the user could be banned from the site.

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment