Sunnyside City Council Agenda
Monday, July 12, 7 p.m., Sunnyside Law and Justice Center,
401 Homer Street.
1. Consent: Approve minutes of the regular meeting of
Monday, June 21 (Motion to approve).
2. Consent: Approval of a list of vouchers for payment in
the amount of $567,497.50. Copies of the vouchers are available at the office
of the finance department for review.
3. Council member attendance. Percentage attendance based on
35 regular Council meetings from July 14, 2003, to July 12, 2004.
A. Mayor Ed Prilucik - 80 percent.
B. Mayor Pro-tem Mike Farmer - 97 percent.
C. Councilman Don Vlieger - 80 percent.
D. Councilwoman Bengie Aguilar - 94 percent.
E. Councilman Bruce Ricks - 94 percent.
F. Councilman Alex de la Cruz - 97 percent.
G. Councilman Jim Restucci - 94 percent.
4. Reports to Council - none.
5. Acceptance of the resignation of Council member Alex de
la Cruz and a discussion of the process for appointment of his successor.
6. Discussion with regard to a request from the Sunnyside
Chamber of Commerce for the sum of $5,500 as matching funds for a grant the
chamber has received from U.S. Bank.
7. Consideration of a resolution declaring as surplus one
Hewitt-Packard plotter (Motion to approve Resolution No. 2004-36).
8. Consideration of a resolution of support for the 3/10th
of 1 percent sales taxes to be used for financing law and justice programs
(Motion to approve Resolution No. 2004-33).
9. Consideration of a resolution approving an agreement for
engineering services for the wastewater treatment plant (Motion to approve
Resolution No. 2004-34).
10. Consideration of a resolution approving an agreement for
engineering services with regard to water resources (Motion to approve
Resolution No. 2004-35).
11. Consideration of a resolution approving an amendment to
the six-year street plan (Motion to approve Resolution No. 2004-37).
12. Review and discussion pertaining to the revised
13. Items for the Council agenda for the regular meeting of
Monday, July 19.
14. Unscheduled appearances by citizens. Note: Unscheduled
appearances by citizens also appears before Council takes action on the consent
15. Reports from department heads/responses to citizen
16. Items from Council members.
17. Executive session.
18. Other items.