0

Shed fire causes $50,000 in damages

A shed fire at 2561 Green Valley Rd. caused $50,000 in damages and resulted in the loss of both the 30-by-70 foot shed and its contents, which included a boat, tools, welder and a mower.

According to Yakima County Fire District Five, the owners of the property were home when they noticed the back wall of the shed was on fire. Dick Top, the property owner, then ran outside and removed a tractor, some equipment and a motor home from the shed before the fire department arrived at the scene. Fire personnel arrived just a little before 6:30 p.m. to find the shed was fully engulfed in flames.

According to the fire department, when they arrived they set up their equipment and worked to protect surrounding structures until a water supply could be established and the fire could be properly extinguished. The fire was extinguished by 7:09 p.m.

Comments

Comments are subject to moderator review and may not appear immediately on the site.

Please read our commenting policy before posting.

Any comment violating the site's commenting guidelines will be removed and the user could be banned from the site.

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment