0

Executive budget sees hefty increase

One of the areas reviewed by the Sunnyside City Council at Monday night's budget study session focused on the executive branch of local government.

The executive branch is the department overseen by City Manager Bob Stockwell.

The proposed 2005 budget for the executive branch is $186,410, which is a significant increase from the $139,000 set aside in 2004.

Stockwell said the major expenses to be incurred in the 2005 executive budget are for the human resource analyst. Stockwell said this position was not budgeted under his department in 2004. Stockwell moved the position of human resource analyst from the finance department to his division shortly after becoming city manager.

Salaries in this department account for $124,200 of the proposed budget. A total of 70 percent of Stockwell's $90,125 annual salary is paid from these funds, with the other 30 percent of his salary being funded from the public works department because of the time he spends with those operations.

Stockwell has also set aside $2,000 for any overtime that might be incurred in his department, which was not budgeted last year. Stockwell said this is really a contingency fund.

The executive branch also saw a nearly $14,000 increase ($37,460) in expenses for 2005 towards personnel benefits.

Comments

Comments are subject to moderator review and may not appear immediately on the site.

Please read our commenting policy before posting.

Any comment violating the site's commenting guidelines will be removed and the user could be banned from the site.

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment