0

Blaze destroys G'view house Saturday night

photo

This home at 312 Washington St. in Grandview is considered to be a complete loss following a fire this past Saturday. It took firefighters nearly an hour to control the blaze, which is thought to have been started by either a furnace malfunction or combustibles being placed too close to the heater.

GRANDVIEW - Twelve members of the Grandview Fire Department worked to douse a blaze that destroyed a home at 312 Washington St. this past Saturday.

According to the Grandview Fire Department, the alarm for the residential structure fire went out at 5:53 p.m. on Nov. 27. When firefighters arrived at the scene, they found the home was 30 percent involved with flames. Firefighters worked for nearly an hour to get the house fire under control.

Grandview Fire Chief Charles Damron said this morning (Monday) that it is unknown who owns the home that was involved in the blaze. The home is considered to be a complete loss.

Following an investigation of the fire scene, the local fire department determined that the cause of the blaze was either a gas furnace malfunction or combustibles placed too close to the heater.

Comments

Comments are subject to moderator review and may not appear immediately on the site.

Please read our commenting policy before posting.

Any comment violating the site's commenting guidelines will be removed and the user could be banned from the site.

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment