0

Fire causes $10,000 damage to Rouse Road home

A fire in the 900 block of Rouse Road caused an estimated $10,000 in damage.

Yakima County Fire District #5 firefighters responded to the fire late last Friday evening.

According to officials, the fire, which caused partial loss to the residential structure owned by Santiago Espindola, was caused by sparks from a barbecue pit. The windstorm that engulfed the area Friday night is believed to have raised some of the sparks from the barbecue pit and blew the hot embers onto the back porch. The fire then spread into the attic area of the home.

Fire officials were able to gain the upper hand on the fire quickly after arriving on the scene. The family of five who lived at the home received assistance from the American Red Cross after being displaced from their residence.

Comments

Comments are subject to moderator review and may not appear immediately on the site.

Please read our commenting policy before posting.

Any comment violating the site's commenting guidelines will be removed and the user could be banned from the site.

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment