0

Fire damages office

OUTLOOK - A home converted into office space at J&J Bosma Dairy at 160 Issacs Road, northwest of Outlook, caught fire due to electrical problems Sunday afternoon.

According to Fire District #5 Battalion Chief Pat Mason, the building had been a single family residence, but was converted into an office building. When firefighters arrived shortly before 5 p.m., they found a light haze of smoke coming from the attic area of the building.

Mason said firefighters found that there was a 10-foot square area above the kitchen where insulation was on fire. The fire was extinguished and the insulation was removed from the building.

According to Mason, the cause of the fire was overheated electrical wiring. The electrical wiring overheated because of a bad connection, and ignited the insulation.

The fire caused damage to the attic, a wall of the house and the kitchen ceiling, according to Mason.

The estimated loss to the building is $10,000.

Comments

Comments are subject to moderator review and may not appear immediately on the site.

Please read our commenting policy before posting.

Any comment violating the site's commenting guidelines will be removed and the user could be banned from the site.

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment