Call police with stray animal problems

Sunnyside residents with stray cat problems are asked not to call Sunnyside City Hall which such complaints.

Apparently in recent weeks, city hall personnel have been fielding an unusual number of animal control calls.

"Animal control issues are handled through the Sunnyside Police Department," said Charlotte Hinderlider, a department spokesman.

She said the animal control officer investigates all animal problems reported to the police department.

In the cases of stray cats, he can make available traps to contain the felines, Hinderlider said.

The animal control officer, who is in Sunnyside each morning Monday through Friday, is authorized to issue citations for dangerous dogs, as well as dogs at large, she said.

The animal control officer may be contacted by calling 836- 6211.

Sunnyside residents who have bee problems may call the Yakima County Humane Society at 839-2724. Skunk problems are handled by calling the state Department of Game at 575-2740.


Comments are subject to moderator review and may not appear immediately on the site.

Please read our commenting policy before posting.

Any comment violating the site's commenting guidelines will be removed and the user could be banned from the site.

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment