Granger fire causes $10,000 in damages

GRANGER - With the assistance of Yakima County Fire District #5, the Granger City Fire Department was able to contain a fire at 519 Railroad Ave. yesterday evening.

Both agencies received the call shortly after 6 p.m. and had the fire under control in about 20 minutes. A total of 10 firefighters from both agencies responded to the incident.

Upon arriving at the home, firefighters found a room and its contents on fire. Fire department personnel were able to enter the room and extinguish the fire. Firefighters remained on the scene for an additional hour to clean-up and secure the area.

It was discovered that a small electrical device and the utility cord it was attached to had short circuited, causing the fire.

The property owner is currently being assisted by family and friends with housing needs.


Comments are subject to moderator review and may not appear immediately on the site.

Please read our commenting policy before posting.

Any comment violating the site's commenting guidelines will be removed and the user could be banned from the site.

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment