0

Prosecutor mulls adult trials for teens in murder case

Bernardo Trevino, a 15-year-old boy arrested in the shooting death of an Outlook man last month, will face a status hearing this Friday, May 18, on charges of second degree murder.

Two other juveniles being held in the shooting case are Lorena Leon, 15, and Saul Alvarez, 15, on charges as accomplices to second degree murder. Leon faces a status hearing this Friday, and Alvarez this Wednesday.

Alvarez's twin brother, Raul, is also being sought as a suspect in the case and a warrant has been issued for his arrest, confirmed Sidney Dolquist, supervisor of the juvenile division for the Prosectur's office.

Dolquist said one of the issues under considerations at the hearings is whether the teens should be tried as adults.

"A lot more information has to be gathered," she said. "We are still in a preliminary stage on the issue of whether they should be tried as adults." Dolquist added, "There will be an extensive investigation and hearings will go on for awhile."

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment