0

Chimney pipe cause of Eighth Street house fire

photo

Firefighters break through the ceiling of a house in the 900 block of South Eighth Street this past Saturday. A chimney pipe for a wood stove caused the blaze, which was responded to by 15 firefighters.

Sunnyside firefighters were called to the 900 block of South Eighth Street this past Saturday, at 2:21 p.m.

Fifteen firefighters responded to the blaze, which started because of a single-walled chimney pipe for a wood stove.

Firefighters estimate approximately $20,000 of damage to the building. No one was injured.

Also since last Thursday, firefighters have also answered 14 calls for aid, transporting 10 patients to the hospital. Firefighters also provided four transfers.

Comments

Comments are subject to moderator review and may not appear immediately on the site.

Please read our commenting policy before posting.

Any comment violating the site's commenting guidelines will be removed and the user could be banned from the site.

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment