Adult entertainment laws now in place

YAKIMA - In a special meeting held last Friday by the Board of Yakima County Commissioners, two ordinances pertaining to adult entertainment businesses were adopted.

Last Tuesday the commissioners hammered out the details to the two ordinances, one dealing with which zoning areas the businesses could be in and what the fees would be for any licenses needed. A moratorium on issuing licenses for adult entertainment businesses had been in effect since June 24, 2010.

Commissioners had planned on passing the ordinances tomorrow (Tuesday) but didn't want to have a gap from when the moratorium ended this past Friday until this coming Tuesday. For this reason, the special meeting was called last Friday.

Adult entertainment business in unincorporated Yakima County will be restricted to either industrial or light-industrial zoning areas. A one-time land use permit must be obtained and will cost at least $1,000, and an annual business license will cost at least $2,000.

On top of that, any manager of the business and the entertainers will need to be licensed, as well. These annual licenses will cost $200.


Comments are subject to moderator review and may not appear immediately on the site.

Please read our commenting policy before posting.

Any comment violating the site's commenting guidelines will be removed and the user could be banned from the site.

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment