- Call to order/roll call
- Invocation-Jelmer Groenewold
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Oath of Office: Police officer Justin Paganelli
1. Unscheduled appearances by citizens. (Note - Citizens are advised that they must limit their remarks to the council to three (3) minutes and that items presented may be referred by the council to staff for review and/or additional information for presentation to the council at a future council meeting.)
2. Consent agenda
1) Approve minutes of the Sept. 26, 2011 regular meeting
2) Approve minutes of the Oct. 3, 2011 workshop meeting
B. Claim vouchers. Approve claim vouchers 75083 through 75203 and wire transfer No. 92711 for the period ending Oct. 4, 2011 in the amount of $409,424
3. Active agenda
A. SMC 16.14-Recreational vehicle parks. Consider action regarding an ordinance creating Title 16.14 - Recreational Vehicle Parks - to the Sunnyside Municipal Code to regulate and provide the proper development of recreational vehicle parks
B. SMC 17.40-Freeway commercial zoning. Consider action regarding an ordinance amending Title 17.40 of the Sunnyside Municipal Code to include RV Parks as permitted use
C. Official flag sites. Consider action regarding an ordinance designating sites for display of the flag of the United States of America within the city of Sunnyside.
D. Medical Marijuana Collective Gardens-Moratorium. Consider an ordinance adopting a moratorium on the establishment of "medical marijuana collective gardens"
4. Items from council members
A. Reports from council subcommittees
1) Finance and administrative services-Vlieger (3); Garcia (5); Gehlen (7)
2) Public safety-Farmer (2); Vlieger (3); Garcia (5)
3) Public works-Farmer (2); Paulakis (4); Gehlen (7)
B. Other reports, announcements and/or questions by council
C. Upcoming council meetings
1) Special meeting, Monday, Oct. 17, @ 6:30 p.m.
2) Regular meeting, Monday, Oct. 24, @ 6:30 p.m.
3) Workshop meeting, Nov. 7, @ 6:30 p.m.
5. Items from city manager
A. Fire bond levy discussion @ Oct. 17 special meeting
B. Downtown fire clean-up costs