Yakima County Sheriff deputies shut down a medical marijuana expo near Grandview this past Saturday for lack of a proper fire permit.
On Friday evening, Yakima County officials discovered an on-site Fire Code Inspection had not been conducted.
An attempt to contact the organizer was unsuccessful, and the lack of permit was confirmed the following morning.
Because the Yakima County Fire Marshal's Office does not conduct Fire Code Inspections on the weekend, the event was canceled. The organizer complied with the closure and informed arriving attendees of the cancelation.
Deputies also responded to a report of a burglary near Mabton yesterday afternoon. A vehicle was taken, but no other details were available.
Deputies are investigating a theft reported Saturday afternoon near Sunnyside. No details on what was taken were available.
A report of a burglary from a residential garage near Grandview was also investigated by deputies on Saturday afternoon.
Since Friday morning, deputies were called out with reports of illegal dumping, littering, suspicious activity, trespassing, fireworks and loud music.
Deputies also since last Friday provided an agency assist and responded to two automatic alarms, two accident reports, a report of horses being ridden on a road, a report of an injured and possibly vicious dog, a case of simple assault in an orchard and a request for a welfare check on a family with small children and pitbulls.