Ribbon cutting set for Granger's Bailey Avenue project


Granger's Bailey Avenue improvement project near its schools and public library is complete. A ribbon cutting ceremony is planned for next Tuesday.

GRANGER - The City of Granger is celebrating the completion of its Bailey Avenue improvement project with a ribbon cutting ceremony at noon on Tuesday, Sept. 6.

The ceremony will take place on the lawn at the Granger Public Library, 505 Bailey Avenue.

The improvements include two travel lanes, two parking lanes, curbs and gutters. It also includes a new sidewalk on one side of the road from Second Avenue to Sunnyside Avenue.

The Bailey Avenue improvement project was completed at a cost of $768,250, which was 90 percent funded by the State of Washington Transportation Improvement Board. The remaining 10 percent was funded by the City of Granger.

Jack Burnes, Granger public works director, was the project administrator.

Spink Engineering, LLC of Richland oversaw the project and the construction was performed by P.O.W. Contracting, Inc. of Pasco.

The Sept. 6 ceremony is open to the public.


Comments are subject to moderator review and may not appear immediately on the site.

Please read our commenting policy before posting.

Any comment violating the site's commenting guidelines will be removed and the user could be banned from the site.

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment