Wednesday, January 11, 2012
(Family Features) When it's time to watch the big game, kick the party up a notch with foods that will keep the party going from kickoff to post-game interviews.
These ideas from Bob Evans will keep fans satisfied throughout the NFL playoffs:
Dips and Appetizers: Finger foods made more fun with a little extra zip.
* Sausage con queso dip - Spicy sausage, cheese and your favorite salsa - a tasty combo with just the right amount of heat.
* 7-layer taco dip - Made with Bob Evans Original Roll Sausage, it's zesty, it's cheesy and it's tasty. Just don't forget the tortilla chips for dipping.
* Spicy meatballs - Serve on their own or in a hoagie bun.
* Wings - Jerk, Buffalo, or barbecued. Have plenty of extra napkins.
Sides: Skip the same old stuff and spice things up.
* Corn on the cob with chipotle lime butter.
* Jalapeño cornbread.
* Smokin' hot baked beans.
Desserts: Sugar and spice - how very, very nice.
* Gingersnaps or molasses-spice cookies.
* Snickerdoodle cookies.
* Vanilla ice cream with cinnamon topping.
* Cheesecake brownie bites with raspberry sauce.
For more ways to liven up your game-time food, visit www.bobevans.com.
7-Layer Taco Dip
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Makes: 8 servings
1 pound Bob Evans Original roll sausage
1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
1 can (4.5 ounces) chopped green chiles
1 package (1.25 ounces) taco seasoning mix
1 container (16 ounces) sour cream
1 jar (11 ounces) salsa
1 can (6 ounces) sliced black olives
1 large tomato, diced
1 bunch green onions, chopped
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
In large skillet over medium heat, crumble and cook sausage until browned. Stir in beans, chilies and taco seasoning mix.
Spread sausage mix into 7x11-inch serving dish. Top with sour cream, then salsa. Sprinkle olives, tomato and onion on top. Cover with cheese.
Serve immediately with chips. Refrigerate leftovers.
Whether you're hosting a watch party, or headed to a tailgate, having the right foods for the big game is crucial. Use these appetizer, side dish and dessert ideas to kick game time up a notch and try this recipe for a delicious dip that will be the hit of the season.