0

Duplex up in flames

GRANDVIEW - Flames vented through a second-story bedroom window as Grandview firemen arrived on scene last Thursday morning.

At around 10:30 a.m. firemen received a call reporting a duplex structure was on fire in the 900 block of South Division Street.

Firefighters said upon arrival all occupants had evacuated the building and exited safely without injury.

The fire was contained to one home, but a second home sustained significant smoke and overhaul damage, according to Grandview fire officials.

After conducting a thorough investigation of the room where the fire began, and several interviews with the occupants, officials determined the blaze was started by a juvenile playing with a lighter.

The estimated dollar loss hasn't yet been determined by Grandview firemen.

Comments

Comments are subject to moderator review and may not appear immediately on the site.

Please read our commenting policy before posting.

Any comment violating the site's commenting guidelines will be removed and the user could be banned from the site.

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment