Wednesday, March 14, 2012
County firemen raced to the scene of a reported structure fire in the 1000 Block of Wendell Phillips Road early this morning.
Upon arrival at 1:06 a.m. firemen saw fire coming from a rear window of the home and heavy smoke from the eves of the structure.
Officials reported the fire spread quickly throughout the home. Though no official cause of the fire has yet been determined, firefighters believe it started in a back bedroom of the home.
Occupant Garin Moore wasn't home when the fire caused nearly $85,000 to the rental property.
It took nearly 50 minutes for the 19 responding firefighters to contain the fire.
County firemen turned over the incident for further investigation to the Yakima County Fire Marshall's office.