0

Pole fire likely caused by rain storm

A pole fire, which reportedly may have been caused by transformer sparks due to Sunday’s late afternoon rain storm, was easily contained last evening, according to Sunnyside firemen.

The pole fire, which occurred in the 1300 block of Jackson Avenue, also reportedly caused lights to flicker around town. Sunnyside firemen found the fire already extinguished when they arrived on the scene. Pacific Power crews were also contacted to assess the fire damage to the transformer and the pole.

Earlier Sunday, firemen were called to extinguish a fire in the 1500 block of South Sixth Street. The firemen discovered a wooden beam lying on the ground to be on fire, which they quickly extinguished.

Also during the past weekend, firemen were called to check out an ammonia smell in the 300 block of Warehouse Avenue, but no leak was found.

Sunnyside iremen also responded to a false alarm, offered a citizen’s assist and checked out one automatic alarm activation during the past weekend.

In addition, Sunnyside Fire Department personnel since last Friday have answered 11 aid calls, provided four transports and made four facility transfers.

Comments

Comments are subject to moderator review and may not appear immediately on the site.

Please read our commenting policy before posting.

Any comment violating the site's commenting guidelines will be removed and the user could be banned from the site.

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment