ROSLYN - Suncadia Resort announced recently its schedule for what it calls "52 fun-filled weekends a year" with the launch of its new activities schedule.
Designed to entertain and delight guests while providing families with a memorable experience, Suncadia's line-up has something for guests of any age.
"We're excited to offer 52 weeks of fun, family-oriented activities and events, many of which are complimentary," said Roger Beck, managing director for Suncadia. "Suncadia offers something for everyone all year long, including my personal favorite - Gourmet S'mores. The variety of options presents great opportunities for families to spend time together and to create lasting memories, building a legacy for resort guests and homeowners alike."
Suncadia's newly announced line-up features a variety of complimentary summer events for resort guests, available beginning Memorial Day weekend through the end of September and including:
· Morning guided run 5K - Saturdays at 7:30 a.m.
Start the weekend fresh and rejuvenated with a guided 5K run around Suncadia's picturesque grounds, starting in The Lodge at Suncadia lobby.
· Saturday morning fly tying - Saturdays at 9:45 a.m. Spend the morning in the Great Room with experts from Troutwater Fly Shop and learn the basics of fly tying while putting together a few flies popular in local streams and lakes.
· Kite Flying - Saturdays from 3 to 5 p.m. Spend the afternoon at Dawson Park, flying a kite high above the resort.
· Pick-up basketball games - Saturdays (check with the Suncadia Community Association for times at 509-649-6270 or email@example.com). Start a four-on-four or a round of HORSE with pick-up basketball at Dawson Park.
· Family golf tournament - Saturdays from 3 to 4 p.m.
Bring the family together with a fun competitive tournament at Rope Rider Golf Park.
· Disc golf - Saturdays from 12 to 3 p.m. Get some fresh air and throw the Frisbee around at Dawson Park.
· Evening Harmony - Saturdays from 9 to 11 p.m. Guests ages 21 and over can enjoy live instrumental music every Saturday night in Fifty-6 Degrees located in The Lodge at Suncadia.
· Summer Nights in the Village. Spend the evening at the Village Amphitheater for music and entertainment starting at 7 p.m., followed by outdoor movies-rain or shine! Popcorn, candy, burgers, hot dogs, soda pop, beer and wine will be available for purchase. The movie schedule includes:
- Saturday, July 6, at 9:40 p.m.: ET
- Saturday, July 27, at 9:20 p.m.: Jurassic Park
- Saturday, Aug. 17, at 8:45 p.m.: Top Gun
- Saturday, Aug. 31, at 8:15 p.m.: Ghostbusters
In addition, Suncadia offers a variety of summer activities for a minimal charge:
· Golf clinic - Tuesdays from 10 to 11 a.m. Work with a seasoned Suncadia golf professional at Prospector Driving Range for a 60-minute clinic, beginning June 1. Each clinic will focus on swing, iron play, short game, putting or mental approach. Cost is $10 per person and reservations are recommended.
· Birding tour - Saturdays at 7:30 a.m. Spend the morning touring the Suncadia grounds, which serve as a fly-way for many migratory birds, including many unique species. The two-hour program departs from The Lodge at Suncadia and focuses on the identification of migratory and resident birds. Cost is $40 per person and includes binoculars.
· What's SUP? - Saturdays at 10 a.m. Skilled instructors teach the basics of this traditional Hawaiian sport of Stand-Up Paddle boarding, one of the fastest-growing water sports. Cost is $10 per person, children age five to 12 free with paying adult.
· Kids fly-fishing class - Saturdays from 11 to 11:30 a.m. Introduce kids to the sport of fishing with classes that include hands-on activities and an introduction to trout biology, habitat and behavior. Held at the Swim & Fitness Center pond, kids can put their fishing skills and knowledge to the test as they try to catch a few rainbow trout in the pond. Cost is $40 per person; children must be age 7 or older to participate.
· Experience Fly Fishing (adult class) - Saturdays from 11:45 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. Come by the pond at the Swim & Fitness Center to study the art of casting under the instruction of an expert from Troutwater Fly Shop. Cost is $40 per person and includes fly fishing equipment rental.
Guests at Suncadia can also enjoy all the resort has to offer year-round, with new programs including:
· Gimme S'more Sticky Gooey Fun - Fridays and Saturdays from 8 to 9 p.m. Enjoy an irresistible combination of fresh mountain air, crunchy graham crackers, toasty marshmallows and gooey chocolate around the fire pit.
· Toast the Day - Saturdays from 5 to 6 p.m. Celebrate a day well-spent at Suncadia with the resort's culinary staff as they pour regional and featured wine, beer and spirits in the Lodge Great Room. Cost is $5 per adult, ages 21 and over, and children are welcome.
· Family Night Out - Saturdays from 8 to 9:30 p.m. Spend the evening at the Swim & Fitness Center with games, including Nintendo Wii(tm), ping pong, Twister(c) by Hasbro, bingo and underwater games, or construct and race a family-designed boat out of cardboard and masking tape. Cost is $10 per family.
· Yoga for Everyone - Sundays from 9 to 10 a.m. Stretch, relax and breathe at this complimentary yoga class for all ages and abilities; no yoga mat necessary.
For more information about year-round programs and packages at Suncadia, visit www.Suncadia.com.