As of Monday, October 14, 2013
Monday, Oct. 14, 2013
Law & Justice Center, 6:30 p.m.
Call to order – roll call
Invocation – Pat Beeman
Pledge of Allegiance
Presentation – 2013 Miss Sunnyside Court
I. Unscheduled appearances by citizens
(Note - Citizens are advised that they must limit their remarks to the Council to three (3) minutes and that items presented may be referred by the Council to staff for review and/or additional information for presentation to the Council at a future Council meeting.)
II. Consent agenda
1) Approve minutes of the Sept. 19 Special Meeting.
2) Approve minutes of the Sept. 20 Special Meeting.
3) Approve minutes of the Sept. 23 Regular Meeting.
4) Approve minutes of the Sept. 30 Special Meeting.
B. Claim Vouchers
Approve claim vouchers 81002 through 81179 and wire transfer(s) as listed for the period ending Oct. 14, in the amount of $1,043,351.
C. Payroll Vouchers
Approve payroll and vendor vouchers 117547 through 117582, payroll direct deposits 22706 through 22795 and payroll vendor ACH 1689 through 1696 in the amount of $492,687 dated Sept. 30.
D. Washington State Office of Public Defense Grant
Consider resolution approving acceptance of grant from the Office of Public Defense.
E. Gang Intervention Agreement - FIRME Outreach
Consider resolution approving an agreement with FIRME Outreach for gang intervention services.
F. Gang Intervention Agreement - MERIT Resource Services
Consider resolution approving an agreement with MERIT Resource Services for gang intervention services.
III. Active Agenda
A. Approval of Change Orders - Blew's Construction, Inc.
1) Consider resolution accepting and authorizing execution of Change Order #1 for the Sunnyside Fire Station Addition/Renovation Project.
2) Consider resolution accepting and authorizing execution of Change Order #2 for the Sunnyside Fire Station Addition/Renovation Project.
B. Findings of Fact and Law
Consider resolution adopting findings of fact supporting imposition of moratorium implemented by Resolution 2013-61 pertaining to recreational marijuana producers, processors and retailers.
C. Amend SMC 2.20 & 2.28 - Civil Service
Receive first reading of proposed ordinance amending SMC 2.20 and 2.28 regarding Civil Service.
IV. Items from council members
A. Reports from Council Subcommittees:
1) Public Safety - Guerrero, Hancock, Vlieger (no report)
2) Finance and Administrative Services - Raines, Broersma, Guerrero (no report)
3) Public Works - Hicks, Vlieger, Broersma (no report)
B. Council Request Status Report
C. Other reports, announcements and/or questions by Council.
D. Upcoming Council Meetings:
1) Regular Meeting - Monday, Oct. 28, at 6:30 p.m.
2) Workshop Meeting - Monday, Nov. 4, at 6:30 p.m.
V. Items from city manager and department heads