G’view home razed by fire

GRANDVIEW – A home in the 600 block of East Stover Road just north of Grandview was razed Saturday afternoon at approximately 12:15 p.m.

The home, owned by Gregory Marple, became involved when a fire being used to burn weeds got out of control. The fire spread to arborvitae, which ignited the front of the house.

Yakima County Fire District #5 firefighters arrived on scene and the front of the house was fully involved. Due to winds, officials say, firefighters began to attack the blaze to protect exposures.

Firefighters from Sunnyside and Prosser, as well as deputies from the Yakima County Sheriff office and Pacific Power personnel were called to assist with the fire.

Approximately 25 firefighters battled the blaze, but the home and its contents, valued at approximately $440,000, were deemed a complete loss.

The fire wasn’t containted until just prior to 3:30 p.m.

There were no injuries.


Comments are subject to moderator review and may not appear immediately on the site.

Please read our commenting policy before posting.

Any comment violating the site's commenting guidelines will be removed and the user could be banned from the site.

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment