Monday, Aug. 25, 2014, at 6:30 p.m. at Mabton School District Conference Room
Call to order - Roll call.
I. ADOPTION OF AGENDA
Aug. 25, 2014 Agenda
II. CONSENT AGENDA
A. Reading and Approval of Minutes
1) Board Meeting, July 28, 2014
2) Board Retreat
B. August Capital Projects War-
rant #450 in the amount of $56,497.
C. August General Fund War-rants #57403-57463 in the amount of $149,727.
D. August General Fund War-rants #57464-57518 in the amount of $65,815.
E. August ASB Fund Warrants #3143-3147 in the amount of $4,723.
F. August Payroll/Direct Depos-it Warrants
1) Policy and Procedure: 1400 Meeting conduct, order of business and quorum.
2) Police: 1420 Proposed agenda and consent agenda.
3) Procedure: 2161 Special education and related services for eligible students.
4) Procedure: 2190 Highly capable program.
5) Policy and Procedure: 2255 Alternative learning experience courses.
6) Police: 3120 Enrollment.
- Personnel changes; Recommendations to hire, resignations, etc.
I. Personal Service Agreements/Contracts
1) Robin Washam, 2014-15 Math Consultant.
2) Gretchen Makinson - Occupa-tional therapy services.
3) Bilingual Therapies - Client services agreement.
4) Puget Sound Joint Purchasing Cooperative Interlocal Agree-ment.
5) Lourdes Health Network Pro-fessional Services Agreement.
6) Christopher Everett Morris - Spray application services.
7) Entrust Community Services.
III. PUBLIC COMMENTS
A. 2014-15 School Improve-ment Plans: Principals (20 minutes).
V. SUPERINTENDENT RE-PORT
VI. STUDENT REPRESENTA-TIVE REPORT
VII. ACTION ITEMS
A. Sandy Clizbe and Linda Trinidad: Travel request to North Central ESD on Oct. 7 and 8, 2014, for the AESOP Certification Course.
B. Policies - First Reading
1) Policy: 1805 Open government trainings.
2) Policy: 5409 Unpaid holidays for reason of faith or conscience.
3) Policy and Procedure: 2161 Special education and related services for eligible students.
4) Policy and Procedure: 2162 Education of students with disabilities under section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
5) Policy and Procedure: 3211 Transgender students.
6) Policy and Procedure: 3247 Isolation and restraint of student with IEPs and Section 504 plans.
7) Policy: 3418 Response to student injury or illness.
8) Policy and Procedure: 6605 Student safety walking, biking and riding buses to school.
C. Admendment to substitute rate increase - Gina Grow.
D. Phoenix Protective Corpora-tion agreement.
VIII. NEW BUSINESS
A. Elsa Sanchez; board reporting
B. Budget Status July 2014
C. Future Events
X. EXECUTIVE SESSION
A. TOPIC: Discussion on inter-
pretation of a collective bargaining agreement.