Monday, Oct. 27, 2014, at the Sunnyside Law & Justice Center
Call to order - Roll call.
Invocation – Katy Haney.
Pledge of allegiance.
Mayor’s awards - 2013-14 Miss Sunnyside Court
I. Unscheduled appearances by citizens.
(Note – Citizens are advised that they must limit their remarks to the Council to three (3) minutes and that items presented may be referred by the Council to staff for review and/or additional information for presentation to the Council at a future Council meeting.)
II. Consent agenda
1) Approve minutes of the Oct. 13 Regular Meeting.
2) Approve minutes of the Oct. 20 Special Meeting.
3) Approve minutes of the Oct. 21 Special Meeting.
B. Claim Vouchers
1) Approve claim vouchers 83817 through 83867 for the period ending Oct. 16, 2014, in the amount of $445,462.
2) Approve claim vouchers 83868 through 83909 for the period ending Oct. 23, 2014, in the amount of $752,408.
C. Payroll Vouchers
Approve payroll and vendor vouchers 118655 through 118683, payroll direct deposits 25191 through 25288 and payroll vendor ACH 1877 through 1883 in the amount of $311,395 dated Oct. 15, 2014.
III. Active Agenda
A. Presentation - Office of Emergency Management
Receive presentation by Jim Hall regarding the Emergency Management Plan.
B. Public Hearing - 2015 Ad Valorem Taxes
(Notice published - Daily Sun News, Thursday, October 16, 2014.)
Receive public comment regarding the Ad Valorem property tax levy amount for 2015.
C. Ad Valorem Tax Levy
1) Receive first reading of the ordinance setting the Ad Valorem property tax levy amount for 2015.
2) Receive first reading of the ordinance increasing the 2015 property tax levy for the City of Sunnyside above the “Limit Factor”, up to 101%.
D. Public Hearing - 2015 Preliminary Budget
(Notice Published - Daily Sun News, October 1 and October 8, 2014.)
Receive public comment on the 2015 Preliminary Budget.
E. 2014 Budget Amendment No. 1
Consider an ordinance amending the 2014 Budget as a result of unanticipated transfers and expenditures of various funds, and fixing a time when the same shall be effective.
F. Washington State Department of Ecology Grant Application
Consider resolution authorizing the submittal of a grant application for funding of the 16th Street Piping Project.
G. IT Use Policy
Consider a resolution approving a computer and information technology policy for the City of Sunnyside.
H. Transportation Benefit District Discussion
IV. Items from council members
A. Mayor’s Appointment(s) for Boards and Commissions
B. Reports from Council Subcommittees:
1) Public Safety - Broersma, Hicks, Raines
2) Finance and Administrative Services - Hicks, Hancock, Martin
3) Public Works - Guerrero, Hancock, Raines
4) Community Development - Martin, Broersma, Guerrero
5) Rules - Restucci, Hancock, Broersma
C. Council Request Report
D. Other reports, announcements, and/or questions by Council.
E. Upcoming Council Meetings:
1) Workshop Meeting - Monday, Nov. 3, 2014 at 6:30 p.m.
2) Regular Meeting, Monday, Nov. 10, 2014 at 6:30 p.m.
V. Items from city manager and department heads
VI. EXECUTIVE SESSION - 15 minutes
Evaluate City Manager’s performance per RCW 42.30.110(1)(g). No action expected.