As of Tuesday, January 27, 2015
WASHINGTON, D.C. – Rep. Dan Newhouse (R-WA) has named the staff members for his office in Washington D.C.
“Serving the constituents of the Fourth District is an honor and a privilege, and I am pleased to announce members of my staff in D.C. who will work with me on central Washington’s priorities,” said Newhouse.
- Carrie Meadows, Chief of Staff: prior to being named to lead Rep. Newhouse’s staff, Meadows worked as legislative director for Rep. Bob Goodlatte (R-VA).
She has more than a decade of experience on Capitol Hill and has worked extensively on agricultural policies.
- Jason Herbert, Legislative Director: prior to joining Newhouse’s staff, Herbert worked on energy and environmental policy issues as a member of Bracewell & Giuliani’s Policy Resolution Group.
During the 112th Congress, Herbert served as a legislative assistant in the office of Congressman Francisco “Quico” Canseco (R-Texas), handling a large and diverse legislative portfolio.
Will Boyington, Communications Director: before joining Newhouse’s staff, Boyington most recently worked at the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee under Chairman Darrell Issa (R-CA) as Deputy Press Secretary.
Jessica Gleason, Policy Advisor: Gleason has served the people of central Washington for more than 16 years, working as a senior congressional aide for Rep. Doc Hastings (R-WA) before joining Newhouse’s office.
Stephanie Katz, Legislative Assistant: before joining Newhouse’s staff, Katz worked as a legislative intern for Powers, Pyles, Sutter & Verville in Washington D.C.
A Yakima native, Katz also previously worked as a deputy prosecuting attorney for Yakima County.
- Kyle Kunkler, Legislative Assistant: prior to joining the congressman’s office, Kunkler worked for the National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors as a federal government relations program manager.
He also previously worked as a legislative aide for Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers (R-WA).
- Sean O’Brien, Legislative Correspondent: O’Brien joins Newhouse’s staff after working in government and community relations for Russell Investments in Seattle.
He has also interned for Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers and Congressman Dave Reichert, both of Washington.
- Amy Harris, Executive Assistant: before joining Newhouse’s staff, Harris most recently worked on his campaign team as well as fundraising for a D.C.-based Republican firm.
She previously worked for Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers.
- Amos Rothstein, Staff Assistant: before arriving in D.C., Rothstein worked for Newhouse’s campaign in Yakima.
“I am confident that this team will bring key skills and expertise to encourage economic growth and address critical issues facing our district in the 114th Congress,” Newhouse said of the staff he assembled.