Smoke, but no damage

Firefighters Dave Riddle and Tucker Walker work to cool off a chimney fire at 1270 Outlook Road, preventing it from spreading to the roof. Carlos Martinez, a worker at DeRuyter Bros. Dairy, lives in the house. While his wife called 9-1-1, he used a fire extinguisher on the fireplace to make sure flames from the chimney didn’t cause further damage inside the home.

Photo by Jennie McGhan
Firefighters Dave Riddle and Tucker Walker work to cool off a chimney fire at 1270 Outlook Road, preventing it from spreading to the roof. Carlos Martinez, a worker at DeRuyter Bros. Dairy, lives in the house. While his wife called 9-1-1, he used a fire extinguisher on the fireplace to make sure flames from the chimney didn’t cause further damage inside the home.




Comments

Comments are subject to moderator review and may not appear immediately on the site.

Please read our commenting policy before posting.

Any comment violating the site's commenting guidelines will be removed and the user could be banned from the site.

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment