0

Chimney causes fire

— A chimney fire is being blamed for a blaze that damaged a 380 First St. home over the weekend.

The house owned by Delphine Lopez sustained $15,000 in damage, Fire District No. 5 Capt. Mark Hovis said.

“Fire personnel were able to quickly contain the fire to the attic space,” he said. “There was water damage to the ceiling and water inside the structure however because of the fast actions of fire personnel most of the contents of the structure were saved.”

The county Fire Marshall’s Office is investigating.

Comments

Comments are subject to moderator review and may not appear immediately on the site.

Please read our commenting policy before posting.

Any comment violating the site's commenting guidelines will be removed and the user could be banned from the site.

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment