As of Thursday, September 28, 2017
STATEPOINT — Are your favorite pair of jeans sitting in your closet waiting to be worn again? If so, you’re not alone.
More than three in five American women (62 percent) own jeans that no longer fit them, according to a new survey conducted on behalf of Nutrisystem by Harris Poll. And on average, they say they would have to lose 16.8 lbs. in order to fit into their favorite pair.
Trying on those jeans and not fitting into them can be frustrating, but being geared with the right tips can help you get on the weight loss track and back in those jeans.
• Eat Smart and Often. Aim to eat smaller meals every 2 to 3 hours, six times a day so that you don’t binge or overdo it. You’ll feel full and satisfied, which will help you make smarter choices.
• Be Prepared. Always keep a baggie of your favorite snacking veggies handy in the car, at work and on-the-go. If you feel a craving, snack on those carrot sticks guilt-free.
• Don’t Go at It Alone. Losing weight isn’t exactly a cakewalk. But it doesn’t have to be impossible. Find a weight loss plan that works for you and fits in with your lifestyle. Programs, like Nutrisystem, ensure you feel satisfied throughout the day and take the guesswork out of dieting, making it easier to stick with the plan and drop those pounds.
• Drink Up. “Hunger and thirst are easily confused, so stay hydrated. But don’t make the mistake of drinking your calories. Opt for water,” says Courtney McCormick, corporate dietitian at Nutrisystem.
If you’re looking for a more flavorful option, add fresh fruit slices, a few squeezes of lemon or some sprigs of mint leaves.
• Stay Committed. You owe it to yourself to focus on your health. Making changes is never easy at first, but hang in there. If you have a pair of favorite jeans beckoning to you from your closet, don’t despair. With the right tools and healthy habits, you’ll be flaunting those jeans in no time.