Firefighters called to stove fire

Fire contained to kitchen area

Sunnyside firefighters remove a stove after it caught fire inside a home today, March 5.

Photo by Jennie McGhan
Sunnyside firefighters remove a stove after it caught fire inside a home today, March 5.



— A family living in a home at 1532 Irving Ave. is without a cooking stove following a fire today, March 5.

Food on the stove caught fire and the residents living inside the home called the Sunnyside Fire Department at about 12:30 p.m.

Firefighters responded and the fire was extinguished, using a portable extinguisher, Sunnyside Fire Chief Aaron Markham said.

After the fire was extinguished, firefighters removed the stove from the home.

Markham said damage inside the house was superficial and limited to a cabinet above the stove.



Comments

Comments are subject to moderator review and may not appear immediately on the site.

Please read our commenting policy before posting.

Any comment violating the site's commenting guidelines will be removed and the user could be banned from the site.

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment