Photo detail

Stories this photo appears in:

Have your say

We’re halfway through election filing week in the state of Washington.

May 13, 2015 3 p.m. read more..

Dry times ahead?

I was born and raised in the greater Seattle area, with webbing between my fingers and toes, and moss growing on my north side.

March 18, 2015 3 p.m. read more..

Welcome to the police cam era

The Washington State Attorney General just issued an opinion on the legality of police officers wearing body cameras on their uniforms.

December 3, 2014 3 p.m. read more..

Look to your right: that car goes first

The “four-way stop of doom” at Yakima Valley Highway and 16th Street will be fixed soon, with new signal lights scheduled to be put up soon after the first of November.

October 17, 2014 3 p.m. read more..

Light pollution

On a recent visit to the Goldendale Observatory, I was able to view the Milky Way Galaxy.

September 17, 2014 3:02 p.m. read more..

Happy Pi Day!

It’s March 14, better known to nerds like me as 3.14, which is the start of the value of the mathematical term π, also known as pi and pronounced the same as “pie.”

March 14, 2014 3 p.m. read more..

I’m an Olympics widow

My husband is a huge Olympics fan, so I’ve spent the last two weeks sitting backseat to his watching all the events he can on TV.

February 21, 2014 3 p.m. read more..

An ode to February

February is the shortest month, so it’s only natural I always feel like it rushes by faster than any other month of the year.

February 7, 2014 3:48 p.m. read more..

Vaccinations vital

An effort to eradicate polio in India has been wildly successful, and the World Health Organization is almost ready to declare the country free of the disease.

January 17, 2014 3 p.m. read more..

¿Hablas español?

I don’t usually make serious New Year’s resolutions because I’m seldom able to keep them. But this year I’ve got a goal in mind that I think, based on a month’s worth of experience already, that I might be able to keep.

December 31, 2013 1:30 p.m. read more..

Let’s paint the town

Wouldn’t it be nice to see downtown Sunnyside lit up and decorated for the Lighted Farm Implement Parade?

November 13, 2013 3:47 p.m. read more..

Too hot, too hot...

On the west side of the Cascades, very few homes have air conditioning because the expense isn't justified by the three or four days a year the units might be necessary.

July 3, 2013 2:45 p.m. read more..

Dairy cliff is looming

So, will milk prices really double next month thanks to our do-nothing Congress failing to pass a farm bill?

December 28, 2012 2:31 p.m. read more..

Comments

Comments are subject to moderator review and may not appear immediately on the site.

Please read our commenting policy before posting.

Any comment violating the site's commenting guidelines will be removed and the user could be banned from the site.

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.